Christmas trees are a central part of many families’ holiday traditions, but when it comes time to purchase a tree, here are 5 reasons to stick with a bonafide Xmas tree, rather than an artificial one:
- Contrary to some popular sentiments, a real tree is actually more environmentally friendly than a fake one. It is estimated that real trees use ten times fewer basic materials and five times less energy than artificial trees.
- Fake trees are not biodegradable. Of course real trees are. In fact they’re compostable.
- Real Christmas trees produce enough oxygen for 18 people while they’re growing. And they are replanted after they’re harvested.
- Real trees support local farmers and our regional economy. Fake trees are usually sold by national chains like Wal Mart and manufactured in China.
- And, of course, the most obvious reason: Real trees look and smell oh-so-good!